Baseball Alberta Return Baseball Guidelines
To view the official Return to Baseball Document click HERE - Document will be update to reflect the latest guidance as of February 8th.
*Document will continue to be updated as more information becomes available.
JANUARY 29th, 2021 UPDATE
The Alberta Government has updated Covid-19 restrictions province wide with new restrictions taking effect as of February 8th, 2021. Baseball Alberta will update further details as they continue to be made available.
Mandatory restrictions - Provincewide - Effective Feb. 8
Group or team sports not permitted
- No sports games, competitions, team practice, league play or group exercise of any kind is allowed.
One-on-one training is permitted
- Only one-on-one or one-on-one household training is permitted for indoor fitness activities (e.g. fitness in dance studios, training figure skating on ice, one-on-one lessons).
- Sessions have to be scheduled or by appointment. No drop-in or groups allowed.
- One-on-one sessions cannot interact with others and there must be a minimum of 3 metres distance between sessions in the same facility.
- Trainers must be professional, certified and/or paid trainers who are providing active instruction and correction. Passive supervision of a physical activity is not considered training.
- Trainers should remain masked during the session; clients are not required to wear a mask while exercising
- More than one trainer and client ‘pair’ are allowed into the facility, studio, rink, court, pool, ice surface, etc. so long as:
- Each trainer and client stays 3 metres away from all other trainers and clients at all times, including in entryways and exits.
- Each trainer can only interact with their assigned client, and each client can only interact with their assigned trainer.
- No interaction between clients or between trainers is allowed.
- No ‘cycling through’ multiple trainers as in circuit training.
Click here for details on the newest public health measures
*Please note: Starting February 8th, Baseball Alberta insurance will be valid for 1-on-1 baseball training. Insurance for 1-on-1 training will be in effect until new public health measures are in place.
DECEMBER 8th, 2020 UPDATE
The Alberta Government has updated Covid-19 restrictions province wide with some restrictions taking effect immediately and some at 12:01am December 13, 2020.
Baseball Alberta will work quickly to provide additional information once it becomes available.
We thank you for your patience.
Click here for details on the newest stronger public health measures
*Please note: Starting December 13th Baseball Alberta insurance will not be valid for any baseball activity (individual, or team sport) until further notice.
The Baseball Alberta Board of Directors and staff’s focus continues to be the health and safety of our athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers and fans. We respect the orders and restrictions that have been put in place in our province by our Chief Medical Officer of Health and her team.