Baseball Alberta Insurance
*Please note: Starting December 13th Baseball Alberta insurance will not be valid for any baseball activity (individual, or team sport) until further notice. Insurance for 1-on-1 training will be in effect until the new public health measures are in place on December 13th.
Member associations and individuals that are NOT following the current public health measures will be doing so unsanctioned, at their own risk, and without insurance coverage in place.
Need a Certificate Of Insurance for the upcoming season? Please fill out a COI Request Form.
Who is Insured under this Policy?
- Association, Executive Officers' and Directors', Employees, Volunteers, Coaches, Trainers, all Member Clubs and Teams and any Member while participating in an event.
- From hereon, all above will be referenced as the INSURED.
What is Covered?
- Commercial General Liability and Directors' and Officers' Liability for all sanctioned events.
What is a Sanctioned Event?
- At this time ONLY training sessions and practices run by the Insured Association or by Member Clubs authorized by the Insured Association.
- Including social activities consisting of awards banquets ONLY.
- Fundraising activities can be included with prior authorization from the Insurance Company. A charge for exposure such as liquor liability may apply.
Commercial General Liability
$5,000,000 per occurrence for Bodily Injury and/or Property Damage to a Third Party. Including injury to participants.
- Liability Exposures include Gymnasiums owned or rented by the Insured.
$5,000,000 Annual Aggregate
- Policy limit for the Insured term.
$5,000,000 Non-Owned Automobile Liability
- Excess liability coverage for members using their personal vehicles for the purpose of the Association activities.
$250,000 Tenants Legal Liability
- Damage to Premises rented or leased by the Insured.
Policy will also cover defense costs.
Negligence by the Insured MUST be proven before liability can be assigned.
Abuse (mental/physical or emotional) is EXCLUDED under this policy.
$500 Deductible for each and every loss including bodily injury and/or property damage.
Directors' And Officers' Liability
$1,000,000 Each occurrence
- Pays on behalf of Directors and Officers all loss that they may become legally obligated to pay as a result of a claim for a Wrongful Act as defined in the policy, for which the corporation is not permitted to indemnify, or for which the corporation is financially unable to indemnify Directors and Officers.
- Protects the personal assets of the Board Members being sued for a wrongful act in the running and managing of the organization up to the coverage limit.
Policy will cover defense costs and compensatory damages.
Examples of Director and Officer Exposures;
- Wrongful Termination
- Neglect or Breach of Duty
$500 deductible for each and every loss.
Please note that your Directors' and Officers' liability policy is on a Claims Made Basis and it is important to report any claims or potential claims as soon as they become known.
Covers accidental Bodily Injury or Death sustained by a member due to sudden causes outside the Insureds control while in Canada and during a sanctioned event.
- Coverage is excess of Government Health Plans (Alberta Health Care) and Independent Benefit coverage.
- Summary of limits;
- $20,000 - Quadriplegia/Paraplegia
- $10,000 - Death
- $3,000 - Prosthetic Appliances
- $3,000 - Rehabilitation
- $2,000 - Loss of Index Finger or Thumb
- $500 - Fracture/Dislocation
- $100 - Eyeglasses
- $50 - Emergency Transportation
- This coverage is NOT subject to a deductible.
- Excludes Sickness or Disease.
Most Sporting Associations are seasonal, therefore, they have both a primary sport and a secondary sport for the off season. The only sport covered under this policy is BASEBALL. If you are interested in obtaining coverage for any other sporting event, please contact the Provincial Association of that sport to be covered. The cost of going through the Provincial Association for coverage is minimal compared to the cost of setting up a separate policy for each participating club.