Return to Baseball UPDATE - November 24th, 2020
NOVEMBER 24th, 2020 UPDATE
New mandatory public health measures are in place in communities across Alberta to protect the health system and slow the spread of COVID-19.
The mandatory restrictions come into effect November 24th and will be in place for at least three weeks.
Click Here for details on the Alberta Government's Public Health Emergency Measures
EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 13th, 2020
Targeted measures apply to all communities on the enhanced list (purple zones). Additional measures may apply to the Calgary and Edmonton Zones, and the cities of Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie, Lethbridge and Red Deer.
Among the new targeted measures:
- Ban on indoor team sports and group fitness classes (Nov 13-27)
- Which means no competition or practices for clubs, community and recreational baseball
- Ban on group singing, dancing & performing activities (Nov 13-27)
- Does not include sports that are currently taking place outdoors
- Does not include individual sports, exercise, training or equipment use
- Does not include Junior (Example AJHL), Collegiate, University or Professional sports.
All new measures will be in place starting November 13th, 2020. For further information regarding the new measures, please check out the Target Public Health Measures page provided by AHS and the Government of Alberta. For further inquiries, please contact Alberta Health Services.
*Please note Baseball Alberta insurance will not be valid for those areas that currently have restrictions on team sports from November 13th - November 27th, 2020 for all in person team and group activities.