Baseball Alberta Facility Grant Program
Baseball Alberta invests significant resources in the development of players, coaches, and umpires through the province. Now, we are pleased to introduce a program to invest in development of baseball facilities across Alberta as part of the Baseball Alberta's 50th Anniversary in 2017.
The maximum grant available to any one Association for any one project in a year will be $15,000 to assist member Associations in having the facilities necessary to support the continued growth and development of baseball across the province.
- Construction of new baseball diamonds.
- Refurbishment of existing baseball diamonds including such things as replacement of backstop and resurfacing of the field.
- Capital improvements to baseball facilities including installation of dugouts, installation of a scoreboard, construction of a batting cage, installation of a media booth, installation of diamond irrigation.
- Maintenance activities are not eligible for these grants. This would include activities such as renovation of the mound / plate area, repainting of dugouts and bleacher areas, and general facility maintenance.
Member Associations will need to submit a written application for the facility grant. The application must address the following elements as a minimum:
- Total cost of the project - a written estimate from the company / group performing the work is required.
- Description of all other funding sources the Association is accessing to complete the project.
- Expected impact of the completion of the project such as the need for the project, the number of players affected, and the financial impact on the member Association and its priorities.
- Planned start and completion date for the project.
- Disclosure of any financial interest in the project of any director of the member Association Board of Directors.
- Commitment that the facility receiving the capital improvements will be used by the member Association for a minimum of ten (10) years - the grant is intended to be a long term investment in improved baseball facilities.
Baseball Alberta will select the successful grant recipients based on the following criteria:
- Total number of Baseball Alberta players positively affected by completion of the project.
- Growth of the baseball program in the member Association and demonstrated need for facility support.
- Financial resources of the member Association - preference will be given those members who can demonstrate the greatest financial need for facility capital funding to support their program.
- Planned facility projects where a matching grant is available (typically from a government source) and the member Association needs the financial resources to be able to access the matching grant.
- Capital project creates a facility that was not previously available to the member Association players and coaches such as batting cage or indoor training facility.
- Each project must include a metal plaque prominently displayed that contains our logo and says "Proudly Supported by a Baseball Alberta 50th Anniversary Facility Grant" and the date the project was officially "opened" to the members of the Association.
- A final report must be submitted to Baseball Alberta upon completion of the project including final total cost and completion date. Before and after photographs are recommended o be included with the report.
The deadline for applications is May 31st, 2017.
Applications can be submitted to the Baseball Alberta office via email to: email@example.com.
Or via mail to:
11759 Groat Road NW